Monday, May 24, 2004

The wagon

I am blaming my weight gain on the alcohol I drank last week. I gained 3 pounds in five days, which was enough for the physical therapists to say had I not lost it, they would have called my Dr about it. What seems to happen is my liver swells against my stomach. I remember being told my liver was in bad shape when I was in the ER last February. I kind of dropped the temperance idea once I started hearing the benefits of red wine etc. But my anecdotal evidence suggests I have nothing to lose by cutting it out. But, if I have a weight relapse again, I will then know it was not the alcohol.

Granted I know, 161.5 pounds was nothing to worry about for my large framed 5'9" body. But the speed of the weight gain over 5 days, suggested it was fluid backing up. For me a sign of something far more serious than retaining water.

I tested negative for hepatitis, so my liver problems are not related to that.

--Motto--
Mens conscia recti
-a Mind concious of what is right.
###

1 comment:

Ke7in said...

It was not the alcohol. I have not drank in a week, and the weight came back- it is probably just my system. But I am still going to hold of the alcohol.