Sunday, February 05, 2012

Blog Post #Brandsterbation specifically GE



21518_IB_CAN_EF_0_00023888.pdf Download this file

http://www.scribd.com/doc/80573303

I own this perfectly nifty device, that pairs my bluetooth enabled  cell phone to a landline phone.  Only recently experiencing the POTS landline service while house sitting, naturally I wanted to give it a whirl.  But after a cross country move, I was not sure I had the  manual.

But today, you can find most anything online.  But I thought it would be quick and easy.
First I googled it by name
"Ge CellFusion gateway" I got a bunch of listings for sale for my device.
Predominantly amazon.com - fine, but the big river does not have downloadable manuals.
But I got the model number from that. GE-21518 - Great!

Remembering GE had sold its RCA and GE brands to Thomson, I started looking for Thomson, or was it Thompson? But the exited the consumer electronic business, and changed their name to Technicolor USA.  As they exited the business, the brands got redistributed. Probably by GE.  Consumer electronics, small appliances, telephones and accessories were now handled by different companies.  But t his device was hard to categorize.  It wasn't a phone, it wasn't an answering machine, it was bluetooth, but not computer.  So
I had little luck at Jasco or TTC Tech Usa, the two obvious choices for something.  

Apparently Technicolor (formerly Thomson) runs http://www.homelectronics.net which is supposed to sort through the confusion for you.  But the triage process of sorting out where I need to go got me tot he North American division which was only able to find advertising products for my device, not the manual.  The bulk of the site was having server errors of a technical nature.  I am not sure if it was limited to the time of my three hour tour, or if this problem is chronic.

After a bit, I had a brainstorm.  I will pretend I am from somewhere else, in the english speaking world.  I picked Middle east and found the english manual for my device.  

But should it really have been that hard?

--
Kevin ... K3vin ... Ke7in ... Kev1n2




1 comment:

Ahmad Fahrurozi said...

Thank you for nice information