Sunday, May 02, 2004

Body Image

I am beginning to know how an anorexic feels when s/he looks in a mirror. I look in the mirror with my new light weight self, and I see a belly. Profile wise I do not have to suck it in for my stomach to be lined up with my chest. My bmi is 23 which is just below average, and within the "healthy" range. My body fat percentage is 17% which is also in that range. I gained three pounds and am holding and act like I am grossly overweight. The above figures reflect the new "higher weight". Actually the weight gain may be attributed to putting on muscle. I have got to take it seriously when people tell me how skinny I am.

I look around and I see skinny people all over. How non-special it really is. I used to think no one was that skinny. Weird.

--Motto--
Mens conscia recti
-a Mind concious of what is right.
###

No comments: