Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Joe Workshop

My years of watching DIY and HGTV and Fine Living, and Discovery Home, and
reading, PM, PS. Readymade, and a slew of others has finally come to fruit.
I got my workshop up and running. This has been a "dream" of mine for 15
years, when I bought my first house. I had a nicer one there, but this one
will do fine. I got it organized today and managed to complete 3 or four
projects today alone. What caused this? I repainted 2 tables and a cart,
and started work on a step stool. I started to crave a space to do it in.
I had this huge workbench downstairs. I pimped it out with a phone, a fan,
and am lined up to have cable down there. For now an MP3 capable boom box
will do just fine.

Actually, the a/v junction box is already mounted, I took care of that in my
frenzy this morning. Now I just need to run cables/cords from my DVR/DVD
Player upstairs down to the central junction, from which I can get the
signal up to my bedroom as well. I opted only for the digital cable in the
Surround Sound room. My big dilemma is whether or not to have dvd go down
to the junction, which would allow simultaneous playing of all my a.v
content on 3 TV's simultaneously. Or just the cable audio and TV signal,
which would allow the cable music to play elsewhere when the dvd player is
playing. As I discuss the options with Herr Blog, I realize the latter
would only benefit a multi-person household. I live alone. So the a/v
signal will come form the Television outputs, which will pull the signal.
No wait, the dvd sound does not ever enter the TV. I'll figure a way to do
it. I think the Surround Sound system has a l/r RCA analog out, of which I
an run to the TV, which will fix that.

I got so into the workshop I kept postponing my gym appointment. Ultimately
I realized I can go tomorrow now that I am in phase 3. Tomorrow I need to
get down town, and get a copy of my deed, meet with my attorney, talk with
my counselor, drop off a CD, then off to the gym. I'll probably be too worn
out to work out. But I would not have traded this day for any other.

My mom pointed out that today is the forth anniversary of me being admitted
to thew hospital. Knowing what I know now, I was almost dead that day.
Except that I am freakishly strong.

I was scheduled with a Dr through Social Security to give me a physical. I
hope they check my heart function, because I look like a million bucks.

--Motto--
Mens conscia recti
-a Mind concious of what is right.
###




1 comment:

Ke7in said...

there must be a glitch in the blogger system. the archives work from the "home page" but not the post pages.