Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Pajama Party

I have long been fascinated by the 60's beach movies, but held them in a state of muted disdain. My mom loved them, and talked about them, but I never watched them. But now, with DVR and Showtime unlimited, I am exposed to a bunch of them.

I recorded "Gidget Gets Married", and was uninterested. Today, on a lark, I recorded and watched "Pajama Party". I loved it and give it 5 stars (for what it is).

I have a unique ability to have a sliding scale when rating movies. A 5 star beach flick is not the same to me as a 5 star drama. It's like when a teacher grades a good student's paper harder than a struggling student. I am used to this enlightened form of discrimination, as I was always the bright kid. When they were not harsher on me, I ended up testing out of a lot of things, and not learning much. But enough of the Declaration of my Genius...

I enjoyed "Pajama Party" for all its hokeyness and silliness. Much on the same level I enjoyed "Who's That Girl". But that is a subject of a different article.

I wonder if "Pajama Party" is representatives of the genre, and should I look forward to a summer of fun with these movies? or was it anomalous and the best of the (worst?) best?

--Motto--
Mens conscia recti
-a Mind concious of what is right.
###

No comments: