Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Nine Dead Gay Guys

Nine Dead Gay Guys was funny. Of course, as with "Something About Mary" I felt a bit uneasy laughing at some of the things. But it was an equal opportunity lampoon. It poked at just about everyone. There was a Guy Ritchy or Danny Boyle sensibility with the movie. Plots moved forward backward sideways and possibly inside out. It was almost a screwball comedy on the order of "What's Up Doc?".

The netflix DVD I had was filthy or scratched. But I did not notice how bad it was skipping, until about "20 minutes" into it, I noticed the DVD player clock had 40. So there may be some holes in my understanding of the plot. But I did not want to stop watching. To interrupt what it was, in case the damage was permanent. I did not want to end the experience. Once ended, I took it out, and it was smudged. I'll watch it again this weekend with the commentary on. I hope it was not scratched, if it was, I'll send it back to Netflix and ask for a new copy. I really did like it that much. I want to view the asides. This was very telling, because usually with a skipping disk, the first thing I do is take it out and wipe.

Nine Dead Gay Guys - is one of the most irreverent movie titles I have seen, but the movie is too.

--Motto--
Mens conscia recti
-a Mind concious of what is right.
###

No comments: