Thursday, September 04, 2003

Today I woke to the sound of backhoes digging up my front yard. Last wednesday, my yard and sidewalk were tore up by jack hammers and back hoes. They had to change out a gas valve near the street. Well it gets better, by Friday I smelled gas seeping up through the ground. I called saturday, and it being Labor Day weekend, had someone instantly dispatched to my house on an emergency basis *not*. They did get there and put in a work order. And not until today was a awakened to the melodious tunes of back hoes ripping apart my front lawn. I love the sound of the backhoes in the summertime.

It is being fixed today. Good thing I am not a smoker. The animals are going nuts witht he noise.

Real coffee today. Maybe a whole pot's worth. I hope this does not last too long, I need to go tot he bank.

No comments: