Wednesday, September 10, 2003

I went in to the Doo-wop to return some Cds, and to discuss the My Autoharp options. Somehow, some young new kid asked what an autoharp was, a more experienced guy half explained the chording mechanism, and the kid just started saying "so learning to play is kind of ignorant". I am not sure if the older guy asked the kid if he ever saw one, or some such thing. I find it very odd to think they just started talking about it. BUT, needless to say, I was a little put off. I did ask if they had a tuning wrench, but left it at that. I'll be buying mine online. I also did not buy the book they sold. I am debating if I should tell the store manager or owner.

I realize the instrument is much maligned by "serious musicians", so I should expect it. I may have to develop a thicker skin. I wonder if I should call Ron Harris.

No comments: