Monday, February 09, 2004

Yuck

Someone I barely have contact with, caught scabies. Now, every time I have a patch of dry skin, or a rash, I am positive I have it too. Then reality sets in. I have heard such horror stores about that nasty parasite, I am completely paranoid. I remember as an undergrad reading about a stray lice infected cat wandering around the dorm complex. Having picked up a cat the weekend before, I was positive I was totally infested. I walked around with a 'boggin on until I went to the Dr and he cleared my head. Later much later, I did catch crabs, and I realized what an infestation was like first hand. The virulence of that particular strain,k I believe, is the root of my current anxiety on scabies.

My health is in such a state of disrepair, I am at a loss. My asthma and chronic cough are cause for others to have concern as well. The Donnellys are quite concerned. This has lasted so long, I think I want to be tested again. I am notoriously safe, but I have got to get rid of that nagging doubt. I have never had an illness linger so. Granted, its been a flow. Flue in December, leading into chest cold, all of which aggravated my asthma. I know, but I hate it.
--
rant
###

No comments: