Sunday, February 15, 2004

Valentine's Day

Another profitable Valentine's day at the restaurant. As long as we do not get another ice storm. Last year was great, and would have been wonderful, but for a minor natural disaster. This year I hope to kick start my personal economy.

I have to admit, I got real tired of the complements I received on my valentines outfit. I am very lucky that I have a good eye for style, and color. I did not plan the outfit, through it together at the last minute, and you would think I was walking the runways in Milan. Carson would be so proud. It was a pretty simple outfit. A red blazer, a crisp white shit, black tuxedo pants and patent leather shoes.
accessories included a red bow tie, that was tied in a Windsor knot, stuffed through a one inch large pearl ring pin. A Pin that looked like a giant ring, placed where a tie tack would go. The Faux Pearl was the size of a marble. In the pocket I had a yellow flourish scarf, that ended up looking like a flower almost. As I was putting it together, this was the process. Out of shower "I think I have a red blazer...." I did, then got the shirt and pants and shoes together. Looking through my ties, I found the red bow. I then looked in the mirror, and felt I need to take focus away from all the red, the yellow scarf fit the bill perfectly. I then wanted a tie tack. I was in a hurry, I was not sure where my limited collection of tie tacks were. I did know where my box of jewelry I bought wholesale was. Then I saw the giant ring pin - and knew it'd be perfect for my use. Sure I do not want to seem immodest, but I was overwealmed with compliments, as though people were breaking doors down to give me one. I now know what it is like to be a pretty girl, constantly being hit on or complimented. You become numb.
--
rant
###

No comments: