Friday, January 30, 2004

Hawaii

I found out from my sister that my parents are in Hawaii. Great for them. I am a bit surprised that they did not tell me they were going. I guess its just another example of our growing communication problem.

True I did not want to go home for Christmas because it was so awful last year. But I did not feel there was any sorrow on their side too. I need to be able to visit without having to stay at their house. They have turned into tyrants within their house. They set rules on me they would never enforce on other relatives staying over. I cannot believe they gave me a guilt trip because I slept until 11:00. Such that I did not feel I was able to visit any of my friends for fear of further insulting my parents. I was so angry Christmas (2002) day that I went down to my room and packed and was going to take a cab to the airport and wait it out. That is until my nephew Jack came in to see what I was doing. Once the kids got there, everything was ok, but nothing was resolved. I think it was the lingering irritation from the fight, that continues to this day. I cannot remember what it was about, but I know it was pretty bad. I am not mad at them, I just think they have no respect for me nor treat me like an adult.

Of course I was dethroned as #1 son once Jack was born. That was fine. A man in his 30s (at the time) does not really need to be treated like a child. Trouble seems to be, though, a man in his 40s does not either.
--
rant
###

No comments: