Thursday, December 11, 2003

Sick, dog, dinner and the Harp

I think I cought the flu bug. I feel fairly achy, congested and have a head-ache. I got up this morning -- too early -- and rambled over to Rite Aid to pick up some cough medicine and asthma pills.. I picked up some dvds of old TV shows 100 for $30 mostly 50s and 60s. High points being Beverly Hillbillies, Andy Griffith and Bonanza. I was a bit worried they'd be the same as I already have, but I think so far I have only found a dupe AG episode. These shows are like the ones on the old CBN cable network back in the day.

The animals are finally realizing Boudain is here to stay. Alex comes down now, but does not interact with him. TC no longer puts up with stuff he was. He needed to set some boundaries with the pup. I am very glad I have the puppy. I do get tired of playing fetch all the time. But he is so sweet. In fact he's curled up on his back next to me right now. I had no idea dachshunds were such great dogs. People that have them seem to love them.

Tonight I am going for dinner at the Donnely's. I plan to tune my autoharp there. I am going to bring a bottle of Penfold's. I almost bought a Jug today as a joke for Jim. I cannot wait to see their place. They really are kind of like surrogate cool parents, although they may think of me more as a cool friend.

I sure hope I beat this flu bug. Everyone seems to have it. I skipped my vitamins last week due to sheer laziness, and low and behold - sick. Every time I do, I seem to catch something. I am convinced that is why, as a rule, I am pretty healthy.

rant
###

No comments: