Sunday, November 30, 2003

Little Dog Found

Last night the puppy slipped out. TC normally stays in the yard and Boudain does not follow him if he leaves. Last night was different. All of a sudden TC is at the door without the pup. I wonder if TC did it on purpose? From what it seems Boudain spent the night on the cul-de-sac. He was just let in this afternoon. I am very grateful to that lovely block for watching. I cannot let them out anymore. I should have learned my lesson when TC got picked up on Liberty one Sunday. I am going to stop being so lazy and take them for walks when I get home now. TC cannot be trusted to take care of him.

Boudain is dead tired sprawled on the Blankey.

How the "rescue" happened makes me believe my prayer worked. On the way home I hoped upon hope he'd be on my porch waiting for me. He was not. I got TC, and took him out on the leash. First I stopped at the house across the street with the 2 dogs. No on e answered. I went around the corner and walked down Lindy Lane. I asked one young dad if he saw him. He had not. I passed some other people, and I just decided to go to the end of the cul-de-sac - Lindy CT. I saw 3 people and asked if they'd seen a puppy. First they said no, then one of the ladies asked what kind. I told her a dachshund, and she said she thought she saw a "Datsun" across the street, and they did not have a dog. I knocked on the door, and a man answered. I told them I was looking for a puppy. He said Yea, and Boudain came barreling out and licking my face. I am going to buy them a speedway gift card.

I think God encouraged me to go down the court. It did not occur to me earlier. It was pretty amazing how it all played out. I made a promise to keep them on leashes from now on. Not just smart, but the law.
--
rant
###

No comments: