Friday, July 04, 2014

Branding

In the 1970s a corporate form called conglomerates was popular.  Beatrice, ITT were a few well known examples.  Today Berkshire Hathaway is a good example.  Today I realized Ke7in is all over the place, both in real life and on the web.  Today a new tag is being born. #k7nwj for a Ke7in Web Joint.  This is both a nod to Spike Lee's preferred directorial credit, and my "spin off" Twitter account.  KE7IN is my twitter and Facebook, with the shorter @K7n serving as an automatic repository for. Cross posting apps.  There are blogs on blogger, tumblr. Listology, twitter, status.net, friend feed, Google+, LinkedIn, Myspace, Facebook plus many of those sites have multiple iterations of my writings. 

Today a favicon was created based on the attached image.  This image is from a block print made in a high school art class, as an attempt to inspire a student to create one for himself.  This past year, I was a substitute paraprofessional.  An ill defined helper of students that need a bit more encouragement and support to navigation the school system. 

The design was created last summer while camping.  Trying to make something, easy to carve, runic script was chosen.  For that and of course my own Nordic roots. My Paternal Grandfather had a glyph/monogram and it always intrigued me.  His initials HAF lent themselves for alignment.  KBF has the curves of a B to contend with.  That is how the straight line based carving system of runes was decided upon.  As a similar KBF to HAF was formed, a similar art project was remembered.  That of mirroring our own name. Kevin when rotated and mirrored became a fierce tribal mask.  It was treasured by a five year old me.

As mentioned previously the favicon is based on the black and white image, which in turn is based on an actual block print of the design, on orange and green 

The favicon will be attached to my blog array. The image will become a user icon too.

TOM Peters had a program called Brand. You

--
Kevin
T&FB @Ke7in
Instagram Ke7in12
Google.com/+KevinFillips

This email was sent by my beloved Motorola Droid, using Lap dock Technology from the middle of a jungle gym

No comments: